February is the month to teach our children words about healthy foods. Visit us each week as we add new resources to this page.
WORDS EXPLORED –
Balance, unique, pose, practice, breathe, balance, fast, slow, bones, height, weight, body, heart, nutritious, fruit, vegetables, senses, delicious, apple, balance, forward, backward, exercise, athlete, around, between, over, and under.
EARLY LEARNING –
As parents, we understand the great benefits that healthy foods have on our little ones. Understanding a baby or toddler’s eating behavior can help us figure out how to address their needs. This resourceful guide walks us through picking up on those signals to learn about the benefits that our feeding approach can have on our children’s eating habits and overall development. It also includes eleven wonderful strategies to incorporate healthier eating routines at home. READ ARTICLE HERE.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children gives us these great core ideas that can plant the seeds to support our children’s language learning skills. READ ARTICLE HERE.
SESSION BOOKS –
- Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library) by Tish Rabe.
- Where is Baby’s Belly Button by Karen Katz.
- See Inside Your Body by Katie Daynes and Colin King.
- My Very First Book of Food by Eric Carle
- Eating the Alphabet by Lois Ehlert
- Vegetables by My First Discoveries
- Fruit by My First Discoveries
- I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato by Lauren Child
SESSION SONGS –
- Trenton Makes–Words! Chant
- Hello Song
- This Little Light of Mine
- Dancing with Teddy by Music Together
- The Hokey Pokey
- Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
- Row, Row, Row your Boat
- Dem Bones
- Brave by Sara Bareilles
- May All Children by Music Together
- Apples and Bananas
- Vegetable Soup Song
- All Around the Kitchen
PARENT TIPS –