Our sessions foster fun, interactive experiences between parents/caregivers and children ages 0-5; both when you participate in a program and afterwards in your daily routine. They are long-lasting learning opportunities that compliment your parenting efforts to make sure your children have the learning and social skills they’ll need when they start kindergarten. Visit our calendar to choose the best location, day of the week, and times for you.
We offer 4 sessions per week hosted at three permanent locations (The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey Family Success Center North Ward, The Children’s Home Society of New Jersey Family Success Center South Ward, and the Trenton Free Public Library). Each month, a fun theme guides the immersive lessons and the carefully chosen words of the week.
Each session includes:
- Free transportation to/from weekly sessions as needed
- Free meal or snack
- Take-home family activity kit that includes a book, toy or craft supply, and instructions on suggested activities
- Invitation to two exclusive community appreciation events featuring performances, food, and fun activities!
- Field trips to the New Jersey State Museum on the 2nd Saturday of every month for families participating in sessions; includes free meal, shuttle service, and one free book per family
- Choose your session reminder service: Texts, emails, and/or calls
Don’t forget that the more sessions you attend, the more gifts you will receive! We modified our 2nd year to increase the number of incentives for those families that choose to attend multiple sessions.
3 sessions = Coupon for a local business
6 sessions = $25 gift card (grocery store)
12 sessions = Kid-friendly tablet
In an effort to expand community building with participating families, Trenton Makes-Words! is also excited to offer the following word-related activities throughout Trenton:
- Use your FREE MUSEUM PASS anytime for self-guided field trips to the New Jersey State Museum. Your pass gets you to rent a Museum Small Explorers Tote while you explore the Museum. Call 609-292-6310 for more information. You also receive discounted Planetarium tickets with your pass.
- READING NOOKS at local community centers
- WORD GARDENS located throughout the city